So Arran left yesterday to make his way to Bamf in Canada to start the Tour Divide and I'm left wondering how the next 5-6 weeks are going to be? I have spent pretty much all the time leading up to him leaving wondering if I will:
- Lock myself out of the house?
- Get really sick and have to look after the boys by myself?
- Get stuck at work and not make it in time to pick the boys up from daycare?
- Forget to drop off the daycare photo envelope in time, though that could happen if Arran is here or not. It's happened before.
- Have to travel overseas because the company I work for might acquire a business...I can see two small boys dusting off their passport.
- Want to watch Game of Thrones but can't work out the complicated tech set up Arran has going on with
ourArran's big TV....
Arran on the other hand has set off to do something kinda amazing. It wasn't until his mate Adam MacBeth wrote this post that it really hit me. Arran hasn't really been enjoying work over the past couple of weeks and its probably fair to say that he has been getting some pressure to not go on leave as the project he is working on seems to be at a critical stage, or something. But you know, when he looks back and remembers his life, he will remember the trip to North America to attempt something that not many attempt. I don't think he will look back in the same way on a software implementation project. Truth.
|Arran, Aiden and Charlie (in the chariot), 2012 Sydney to Woolongong|